I've been cooking.. What I made since I came back


Sure I don't forget to cook nicely every evening. Somehow my cooking gets a little better especially after I come back from Japan. Good foods and its recipes my mom makes are now immediately saved in my brain since I've got into cooking. If I could've known that I'd enjoy cooking this much, I should've appreciate more each meal my mom cooked when I was still in Japan and learned hows. 
But look I'm trying to reach her tastes she creates :) Looks good? 
All these foods are what we had for dinner with salad which is everyday must and soups. (and glasses of water!) 
The first one is Tenshindon which is a Chinese-Japanese specialty, consisting of a crabmeat omelette on rice.  Enjoy photos :D



fried veggies and chicken breast hams. as sauce, the mixture of soy sauce and apple vinegar.


Bolognese rice with Onsen-Tamago on 
Onsen-Tamago is a traditional Japanese boiled egg which is originally slow cooked in the water of hot springs.



thinly sliced cucumbers and grated daikon radish with whitebait


Gyoza



Potatoes sautéd with rosemary 


in the aluminum foil, steam-baked salmon with onion and mushroom  


Wa-hu (Japanese style) mushrooms spaghetti


Marinated Tomato and onion



Oven-baked, wrapped veggies in beef. Carrots and Zucchini sticks in it. 
No added oil. Avoiding deep fried high calorie foods 



thinly sliced cucumber and grated daikon radish with Ume-boshi (pickled plum)


creamed Spinach and codfish with some pasta.


in the end...

on 28th February, we had 3rd anniversary since we met.
and 
I made this chocolate cake which was chocolate-lover, Jan's request. 
Of course, fresh made from flour, I never buy cake flour mixture or pre made cake like my mom never did :D

oh, I'm hungry now...better go to sleep. 
xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Borders: Navigating Trials and Triumphs on the Road to Marriage

On the 23rd of March 2024, I stood beside the love of my life, surrounded by friends and family, as we exchanged vows and embarked on a new ...