Before leaving to Paris: Olive oil Garlic Bread

Cool coincidence I baked Baguettes before going to Paris. 
I really didn't intend to do it; I was only out of my bread. This evening John came back from his flight and we enjoyed dinner just now. Since I (we) had to consume vegetables and raw stuff in the fridge for being away at home for some days in Paris, I needed to rely on pre made food in the freezer. And only thing I made was these Garlic bread. 
I thought I'd freeze my Baguettes (I've baked another 2.) but I remembered that John said on email that he'd love to have freshly baked bread. Then why not try? 
No veggies but garlics are available, many spices are in the rack, and my rosemary-in-Olive oil is there! 
I know, when it comes to garlic toast, the combination of garlic and butter is must, but I always want to go healthier way even though I need oil. Olive oil is my true love. and nutella. 

I made them trying to remember ones my mom used to make for my dad, though she only used butter.
For 6 slices. Enjoy it with soup :) I gotta finish packing :)
See you in Paris on 2nd 

6 slices of your favorite Baguette
5 cloves Garlic, minced OR grated OR "blendered" like I did.
30g extra virgin Olive oil
10g softened Butter
1 pinch dried Basil flakes
2 pinches Parsley + some for topping after baked
2 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
Check Directions......>>>

Baked Baguette in the morning



1: Preheat oven at 180℃ (350°F). 
In a small blender, combine olive oil, butter, garlic, parsley, and basil. Pulse until well blended. 
OR mix grated garlic with other ingredients in a small bowl.




2: Place the paste on each sliced Baguettes. Top parmesan cheese.  


 I almost forgot.  Remembered John loves it. I can't skip this



3: Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the edge gets crispy and everything soaks in on the surface.
Sprinkle parsley and serve warm. 


xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Borders: Navigating Trials and Triumphs on the Road to Marriage

On the 23rd of March 2024, I stood beside the love of my life, surrounded by friends and family, as we exchanged vows and embarked on a new ...