Hot & Flavorful Peperoncino. ペペロンチーノ


Have you ever had Peperoncino? You have. But surprisingly John never had one until today I made it for him. Why was it surprising? He's in Germany in his entire life and millions of Italian restaurants are just right there and of course way more chance to have Italian food than me who was in Japan just until very recently. Plus, he's 8 years older. Are you with me? well, I'll make whatever he never has, then he wouldn't surprise me any more ;)
Anyway, I made Peperoncino. The gorgeous smell of garlic and hot red pepper accelerates your hunger. Peperoncino needs very simple ingredients, thus it's not easy. Simplicity is difficulty, I'd say.  Did I do a good job? Don't ask me. It was good but I made it too hot. I could see he was trying to look "ok" but in his mouth it must've been on fire. Sorry. Grab some milk. You're alright.

Serves 2

  • 1~2 cloves garlic (にんにく 1~2片) Thinly sliced.
  • 1 red pepper (鷹の爪 1本) Remove seeds and cut into 2~3 pieces.
  • 4 slices bacon (ベーコン 4枚程度) Cut thin.
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (ドライバジル 適量) 
  • 2 Tablespoon olive oil (オリーブオイル 大2)
  • 1 cube/teaspoon consommé soup (コンソメ 1個) if you have.
  • 1 ladle pasta-boiling water (パスタの茹で汁 お玉1杯) 
  • 1 pinch salt (塩 ひとつまみ)
  • Ground black petter some (粗引き黒コショウ 適量)
  • 200g spaghetti (スパゲティー) Boil 1 minute less than the package says.
  • [If you want to make it mild] Parmesan cheese on top
Direction....



Start to boil water for spaghetti. パスタのお湯を沸かし始める。

1: In a pan, fry 2~3 tablespoon Olive oil and sliced garlic at medium heat until golden brown. When garlic starts to smell nice and golden, add red petter, bacon, and dried basil. 
フライパンににんにく・オリーブオイルを入れて中火にかけ、にんにくがほんのり色付いてきたら鷹の爪・ベーコン・ドライバジルを加え、炒める。




2: When oil starts to come out of bacon, smash consommé cubes and add 1 soup spoon boiling water which is from spaghetti pot. 
ベーコンから油が出始めたら、コンソメを砕き入れ、パスタの茹で汁でのばす。ここでひとまず、ひとつまみの塩を加え、味見。『少し、しょっぱいかな』って位に。



3: Toss boiled spaghetti into the pan, whisk black petter. Mix together well with the sauce. You're done!
茹で上がったパスタを2に投入し、黒コショウを振り、ソースを絡めたら出来上がり。

Enjoy!
Bon Appétit!
xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Borders: Navigating Trials and Triumphs on the Road to Marriage

On the 23rd of March 2024, I stood beside the love of my life, surrounded by friends and family, as we exchanged vows and embarked on a new ...