Peach-Barbecue Chicken!



BABY. Look at that. I made this for Sunday dinner... Coincidentally, as her recipe says she made this for Sunday dinner. I can't find words to describe this amazing chicken babies. The best chicken I have ever made in my entire life. 
Check out the recipe I used here: The Pioneer Woman
How good this was? Come one, as shown. 

In her recipe, whiskey and Worcestershire Sauce were needed but sadly I didn't have both so I skipped Jack Daniel's part and used teriyaki sauce for substitute for Worcestershire Sauce. AND, instead of 12 small whole Chicken Thighs in the recipe, I used 2 big whole Chicken Thighs to bite wildly. joke, just we had them in the freezer. 
You can check out her original recipe, but I also write down all the steps I did with Japanese translation, which might help my friends in Tokyo ;) 

2 whole Chicken Thighs, Bone-in, Skin-on (鶏もも)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (オリーブオイル 大さじ2)
2 Tablespoons Butter (バター 大さじ2)
3 small whole Yellow Onion, Diced (Sサイズ玉ねぎ 3つ 刻む)
340g, fluid Barbecue Sauce (アメリカンなBBQソース)
1 jar Peach Preserves (桃ジャム 小さい瓶丸ごと)
100ml (1/2 cup) Water (水)
2 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce (Soy sauce would work well too) (照り焼きソース 大さじ2)
4 cloves Garlic, Diced (ニンニク 4片刻む)
3 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin (万能ネギ適量)
Direction....>>>

1: Heat oil and butter in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Preheat your oven at 150℃ (300°F).
中火でバターとオリーブオイルを熱する。150℃にオーブンを予熱する。

2: Place chicken thighs in the pot, skin side down. Brown both sides.
皮を下にして両面こんがり色づくまで焼く。
Set aside in oven skillet. オーブン皿に入れて一旦そばに置いておく。 
3: Pour off half the grease, then return pan to stove. Add onions to pan and stir, cooking for 2 minutes.
オイルを半分捨てて、刻んだ玉ねぎを2,3分炒める。

4: Pour in barbecue sauce, peach preserves, water, and teriyaki sauce. Throw in garlic. 
BBQソース、桃ジャム、水、照り焼き(又はウスターソース)を入れる。最後に刻んだニンニクを投入。

5: Pour sauce ALL OVER the chicken thighs and put it in the oven to bake 1 1/2 hours. Magic time. Trust me, then it comes out fantastic.
ソースをチキンにかけて1時間半オーブンで焼く。ここからがマジック♡
Look at that. look at that. Look. At. That.
Weeeee..... what could I say? I'm speechless. 
Bite it!
xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Borders: Navigating Trials and Triumphs on the Road to Marriage

On the 23rd of March 2024, I stood beside the love of my life, surrounded by friends and family, as we exchanged vows and embarked on a new ...